I need more friends!

We got a visit from Christen and Mara today! They came up from Provo at 8:30 and we got to hang out until 4:00. It was pretty much awesome. I wish more of my friends lived closer so we could just hang out with our babies every day and keep each other company (and sane). What's the point of all your good friends having babies the same age as yours if they all live in different states??

Anyway, we ate breakfast and hung out for a few hours while I did some laundry and then we went for a walk. The weather today was fantastic!! We made a pit stop at one of the play grounds in my neighborhood so Rowan could run around. He made me go down a big slide with him and I'm ashamed to say that I was too scared to go down more than once. No, not scared for him. What kind of adult am I?
(Mara and Stellan, being friends.)
(Happy Stelly!)
Here are some pictures from Sunday. These are the beautiful flowers that Buck got me! Aren't they the coolest?? I re-potted them while Buck and I discussed the lyrics to "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?" by Natalie Cole. We had heard it on the radio earlier that day and Buck heard me singing it the way I've sung it since 6th grade. Apparently, she doesn't say "Where is my jolly way? Where is my very soul?" She says "Where is my John Wayne? Where is my prairie song?" Buck thought my version was extremely funny/lame/non sensical. I personally don't think I was that far off.


(Impomptu kitchen photo shoot.)
I built a Mothers' Day fort for Rowan and I to hang out in. This is him showing me a little Mothers' Day grattitude. Trying to make up for the poop soup I had to clean up earlier that day. (See previous post if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

These are just a few pictures of Rowan being cute during the day :)


And I finally got a video to upload!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! "I don't think he likes that. Let's stop." You're such a chill mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya I hate not living by all of my good friends it's like why do I get to meet all of these amazing people and love them if life just keeps making me move away! Bah!!! Anywho those flowers were indeed awesome and the kiddos are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My siblings used to poop in the tub ALL THE TIME! And it drove me nuts, lol. My mom would always tell me to clean it up which I didn't think was fair because I warned it would happen and that it would gross me out. In the end I paid Jack to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete